Thursday 22 August 2013

Can't sleep, won't sleep

Not sure why I feel so unsettled at night recently.
I wake up, and spend a few hours with my mind just racing along with my body like a led weight from exhaustion.
My husband is away on business and has taken my little boy with him. They have gone to Manchester for 3 nights.
Since that is where my husband is from, my boy gets to spend some time staying at his Grandparents house.

I have complete mixed emotions about this. Where I know he is having a great time.
I feel as though I am missing a limb:(.
I miss him terribly, he is my baby and I guess always will.
The first night he called I was swallowing back the tears so he couldn't hear that I was upset.

On the upside I have had 4 days to spend with my girlie which was much needed.
I rarely get to spend quality time with her now that she has started school.
The last year has been a whirlwind of school uniform, packet lunches and homework.
And even though homework (reading) has supplied it's own daughter/daddy time.
I have been pushed aside to be the organiser.
Something I thrive on but have missed out on some one to one.

So the last 3 days have been filled with - tickles, cake, sweets, shopping, art, chick flick, snuggles in bed, hair dresser, smelly shopping, lunch and giggles.

And though I am looking forward to having my noisy, cuddly boy home.
I feel I have laid down some really great foundations.

No comments:

Post a Comment