Monday 12 August 2013

A Part of me

Its interesting but over the past year I have really been discovering my Identity and different parts of who I am and why.
Some of this is due to me completing year one in Faithworks bible college and the other is what we study in church on a Sunday. Yesterday was on Identity.

The parts of myself that I just took for granted, my past, jobs I did.
I always felt I was a bit of a 'Del Boy' when it came to jobs. I worked in about 20 different shops in town and eventually fell into the restaurant business.
Working as a waitress then all the way up to management over 5 years.
It wasn't where my passion lay and looking back I don't particularly think much off it or that it was a great time in my life.
I was always trying to fit into a round hole with the square peg of my life.
Actually looking back I remember how hard it was, what a bad place I was in and how my personal life was such a screw up.
But I stuck at it as I needed the money and got pulled into late nights and early mornings working my ass off and not getting paid half the amount I should have.
One thing I did learn and love in all my years of service was how to cook and bake.

All this aside the other day I got asked to head up the catering for a new Alpha course.
Whoooah how amazing is that?
Without all my years of training in an area I fell into, I would not be in this position.
You see God always knew what he was doing when it came to my life and jobs.
He knew that right now, I would be in a position to help others know about him by loving them with my cooking.
I have also been asked to make a friends wedding cake.
Another chance to love others with my baking.

I am not saying that I want to go into cooking full time. I don't think that is really where I am called.
But certainly, loving others with my cooking is a part of my Identity and I really love it.

You see God has called me out of the boat with this one and I am willing to do what it takes and come into all that he want for me.
I never ever thought that I would be using my cooking for the glory of the Lord. But here I am, saying yes and doing what needs to be done. Because I love it. And I love my Lord and Saviour.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment