Friday 30 August 2013

A poem i just wrote


End of the Summer
 
 
Get down from breakfast if you’re going to mess around

Go get dressed as I hear giggles up the stairs

Are you dressed yet and a no is echoing

Clean your teeth I am shouting again.

 

Have you cleaned you teeth – let me check

What up with you hair – has it seen a brush

I’m sitting here tired – there is no rush

When your under 5 and love your toothbrush

 

Stop that

Put it away

Pick it up

Not that way

Eat your food – don’t play with it

When you’re under 5 and mummy’s losing it

 

My name is Mummy

It’s pretty crummy

I’m far from yummy with fish finger in my hair

I want to be scrummy

But it’s all just too funny

When you’re under 5 with time to spare

 

 

 

Time is slipping by your still upstairs

Naked and playing with your racing cars

I’m still in my jammies scrubbing at cereal

I feel I am slipping and shaking at these bars

 

School days are fast approaching

Name labels have been sewn

I see my life coming closer and closer

All order have been blown

 

NO, 8am is far too early for chocolate as I sneak a Twix in my gown

Toilet paper all over the floor like some collage end of year dorm

I wiped my bottom on my own!, I see the wee one grin

Is it too early and will anyone notice if I take a gulp of the gin

No comments:

Post a Comment