Wednesday 3 September 2014

Child Like

And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:3

When I was little there was a park just down the road from where I lived.
It was a cut through park. A park to get from A to B.
It was an escape park if we had nothing to do. It was not very exciting as parks go as it consisted of one old wooden round about and 2 swings.
The round about got taken away after a few years after many an injury. Me being one that was injured. I fell off it and got my head stuck underneath. I had to have a few stitches.

The 2 swings were the ultimate challenge for my sister and I.
We were determined to swing and swing until the swing went all the way over.
Apparently this had been done before.
We stood up on the swings and kept thrusting our bodies back and forth higher and higher without fear.
The swing used to jerk and thrash about unstably and unreliable yet we had no fear.

Currently I am at the park. My two children keep coming to me every so often telling me they bonked their head or fell over and after a quick rub and a magic kiss they skip off with glee.
I over heard one mother telling her child - watch out for the swings. You could fall over and crack your head open.
But I'm willing to bet that she used to swing so high she nearly went over the bars.

God tells us to be childlike.
Come to me as a child.
Surely he is telling us with out fear.
Swing so high that you might go over the bars and don't think about what next.
Just try with all your might.
When did some of us get so protecting over our own children that we warn them overly of the dangers of trying to accomplish the simple pleasure of a challenge on a swing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment