Wednesday 17 September 2014

Relationships can be like old bangers

Last night I had a picture from God.
It was of an old car. A vintage car.
It was well looked after even though it had a bit of rust underneath.
The owner polished the car, pumped up the tyres regularly and kept it tip top condition driving it carefully and never went over the speed limit.
I then had a picture of a modern car. It hardly got a cleaned unless having an MOT. It was driven fast and had fast food wrappers inside the car.
God told me that men need to look there wives as if she was an old vintage banger of a car. And not like a modern, speedy car.
God showed me that even though the vintage car was older and had a bit of rust. It was loved and cared for despite its faults.
And because the new car, was known for being reliable and speedy. The owner didn't bother paying much attention to it.
You see women need attention. Women crave the safety and attention from there husbands.
And yes we have faults. We are not perfect. But it is the job of the husbands to love us first.

Before I had this picture I listened to Sundays sermon from my church about relationships.
It explained that we need to treat our men like heroes as they want to be heroes.
But they need to love their wives 1st.

So, loving.
Let me tell you what loving is not.
Loving is not just saying you love her.
Loving is showing that you love her, not just by your actions but by your words.
Let me explain.

If my husband says - love you, as he is leaving the house. I don't particularly feel loved by that. It is more of a goodbye than a statement of love.
If my husband says - you are a really good Mummy or you have done a really lovely job of making this house a home.
Now that is where the love is.
Love is in the appreciation.
Women need to feel appreciated.
Women are natural nurturer's.When we are feeling appreciated, we feel love.
When we know and feel like we are doing a good job as being a wife then we feel loved.
For women the statement - All you need is Love. Really is applicable.



Let me get one thing straight here. There is not just the two of you in this relationship!

Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Ecclesiastes 4:12

If a women is not feeling loved and the man not feeling a hero then your relationship needs attention!
Jesus needs putting right back in the centre of it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment