Tuesday 9 September 2014

Released to School

Just one last night time snuggle until the morning and my J heads off to his first day at school.
I'm a bag of mixed emotions.
Part of me is exhausted from the longest summer holidays ever. Constant jibbing and bickering between my kiddos has nearly tipped me over the edge.
A lovely holiday where my daughter never seemed happy.
And my son, turned from my baby into a little boy who was ready for a new, big adventure.
And then there is the other part of me. The part that is loosing my little play buddy. My shadow.
My constant thigh snuggler.
He is so full of love that everyday he stops to say "Mummy, you look beautiful today".  And tell me that he loves me over 20 times a day.
My little boy who messes around in the bathroom, rips pieces of wallpaper off his wall, breaks toys just to see how they would work and shoves the last big piece of food in his mouth not because he wants it but because he needs to clear his plate before pudding.

At this time I have to remind myself that children are a gift from God. I have been entrusted with 2 amazing gifts.
This time. Time for school. Is important.
He is going to be spreading his wings and soaking up knowledge.
If I kept him locked away unable to spread his wings then I would be doing him harm.


 “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”
Luke 22:42

By letting my son stretch his wings I am also saying to Jesus - not my will in my sons life..... But your will God.
I want my Son to grow to be a strong man of God. And to grow, he needs to be released.
As hard as it is for me to loose my little shadow. I release him as I know that the rewards on his life will be huge.
I am not loosing out. I am gaining.

So tomorrow, I will wave him off at the gate, get to the car and have a cry. Not because I miss him already. But because I am proud to call him my son and thankful to God for entrusting me with this precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment