Thursday 28 August 2014

Whiter as snow

I was lying in the bath last night before going out on a date with the hubalubba. I was feeling pretty rough it has to be said.
Since coming home from Turkey I have not felt quite right after suffering with heat stroke, rash, stomach bug and a ear infection. I have felt out of sync, not quite right, maybe I left my mojo behind.
I have felt God telling me that this is a time to rest but I have not felt rested at all.
I am in transition, waiting for something to happen. And not really knowing what I am doing at all!

I have missed writing. I have iPhone notes filled to the brim of ideas and creative challenges that I have yet to put to proper use.

I have missed 'me' time. The summer holibobs have sucked away any time to myself and I find myself feeling drained and totally fed up.
I love my 2 gifts from God with everything I have. But right now I feel sucked of everything I have.
My plans and purposes that God has for me has laid dormant and gathers dust whilst I pick myself up from the floor and head for a bath for some peace and quite.

In Febuary we bought a house. My pretty much dream house. A 1930's doer upper.
I was hoping to come home from Turkey refreshed and recouperated and ready to carry on decorating.

So I lay in the bath surrounded by broken plaster, dirty yellow walls, an old fashioned sink and toilet but a new bath and lots of bubbles.
I don't notice the mess.

I look up at the wall at the writing in sharpie.

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
    wash me, and I will be whiter than snow
Psalm 51:7

This was what God was saying to me.
As I look at the broken room I only saw how it was going to be. That is how God see's us. He doesn't see the broken stuff from the past. He doesn't look as what we cant do now.
He looks at us as completely fresh, clean and complete beings.
Decorated and finished.
Clean and white as snow.


I need to remember that right now as I go through this tough season and reamember that it is just a season and I will be coming into my purposes soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment