Saturday 27 July 2013

Armouring with Swords


I have started on my book - girls with swords by Lisa Bevere

It is a black or white book and I love that and she states that by the end of the story there is hot or cold, strong or weak, emgaged or disengaged, soldier or traitor, free or captive, and hero or victim.

God's word - God Sword
This book is seriously going to arm me.

The little people have got so messy over holibobs that I have had to revert to doing some hand washing.
I don't mind though as I'm stuck inside so I might as well be useful.
I just have to make sure I don't scrub too vigorously and not break out in a sweat due to these little spots that are covering my arms and legs.
I did have a little day dream whilst dunking the clothes under the water and dreamt I was in bible times washing my families clothes in the sea of Galilee.
I imagine that actually it was kinda going a coffee shop with your Ladie friends. A place to relax, chat, while away an hour or so catching up with the latest chit chat.  ( I hate the word gossip, I hate gossip as it can be really damaging like Chinese whispers so we will stick to chit chat)
Maybe a place that they match made, braided others hair and let the children splash around in the water handing off tree branches whilst the husbands are off fishing or what knot.

That simple kinda life sounds good doesn't it!

I get so frustrated with 'stuff' sometimes that it takes a holiday to be able to step back and see a different kind of picture.
A picture that is brought on by washing clothes in a tub.

Growing up, we didn't have a lot of 'stuff', there was a time that my Dad was out of work.
We made up games as we didn't have a hoard of plastic toys to entertain us and this continued  through the years into my early teens.
I used to go shopping with my friend in town. She would have £50 to spend. I would have £5 and buy excessories to jazz up something that I already had.
My mother bought us clothes from a catalogue on a few occasions, it was ace:)
I had blue knickerbockers and a white with blue spotty t shirt. I was so fashionable and totally cool. 

Have little growing up made me appreciate 'stuff'.
I didn't have a hard life. I don't look back and think - we had nothing.
Those little games that my Mother made up for us became treasured memories.
I'm even inclined to call them traditions as I pass those made up, imaginary games onto my own children.

Now that I am older, certainly wiser, married with my own children.  I am careful to always appreciate where I came from.
My husband has a good job and never makes me feel without and doesn't deny us much. I thank god for him and for that fact. He is not stingy but he is careful.
I appreciate what God has given us and never take it for granted.
There are very few things that I hold dear.
None material as you can't take 'stuff' to heaven.
I hold dear -  my relationship with Jesus - God's word.
- My husband and my children
- And my church family.
Isn't that all you need in the end!

God's word

The simple life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment