Thursday 20 July 2017

Today is the best day. (Praise report)

So about 3 weeks ago i felt God lead me towards applying for a degree. Someone at my Studio mentioned the OCA - Open college of the Arts
God normally gives me little nudges like this and i am obedient even though i don't know where it may lead me.
I was then really challenged with being Joyfully Expectant.
I had one of my fortnightly meetings with my Pastor and i was really wrestling with feeling expectant in God.
In my natural ways i mentally plan to being let down. I think i won't get it or I'm not good enough and this prepares me for when i do get let down and then i won't feel as bad.
This however doesn't even work.
If i get let down i still feel totally rubbish,( even knowing that this is Gods plan) and cry and cry. real nasty, ugly tears, by myself and still question why God makes me go through these kind of things.

So both me and my lovely Pastor (and good friend) prayed about being joyful and expectant.
God doesn't want us to expect the worst when he clearly has the best for us.
HE HAS THE BEST FOR US! Yes.
When has he ever let me down?. Never.
He always has the best for me.
If i look back at jobs that i have wanted and not got...... it was always because God had a better plan for my life.

God gives me jobs and opportunities to go for to stretch me. So that i seek out his guidance and he can point me in the right direction.
I hear the other day that an elastic band is useless if its not stretched.
If God didn't stretch me. I would be pretty useless, as its in those times of stretching. That i grow and lean on him.
He doesn't want us to do life on our own, relying on our own judgement. He wants to have a relationship with us. So that we chat to him and listen to him pointing us to the right path/direction.

Psalm 16:11

You will make known to me the path of life; In your presence is fullness of joy; In your right hand there are pleasures forever.

So a couple of weeks ago, we prayed that i would joyfully await whether or not i would be given finance to do a degree.
Its not like God can't afford for me to go. Money is nothing to him.
But it was in the waiting and listening to whether God wants me to go that path or if he has something else for me.

I buried the doubt. I didn't think the worst. I waited JOYFULLY and EXPECTANT for the good things to come.

God wants the best for me.

Today i got an email saying that i have been offered finance and have been accepted to do a degree with The Open College of the Arts.

Can't quite believe it. Feeling elated, JOYFUL and shocked. And sooo sooo happy. A part of me is jumping in the air.

God is so in the little details.
So this also happened today -
I won 3 prizes in my studio raffle
I got given a huge Thank you card from my sons class for helping out this year. All the kids wrote little cards each and stuck them on:)
I prayed for a car park space at the sports park as my kids had swimming lessons. They had a massive school outdoor comp on and the guy showing people to spaces said to me - you can go in and look but there is no space.
I got one straight away...... and at the front.
My trainers arrived that i bought. I was told they won't be delivered until next week when i am away. And they arrived. Today. As God wanted to remind me of something -




His promises are always faithful and true.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.










No comments:

Post a Comment