Tuesday 24 January 2017

Third week Lino Reduction \\ T r e e A n d B a r k //

And he will be like a tree firmly planted [and fed] by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season; Its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers [and comes to maturity].

PSALM 1:3

Final week for my tree print.

 I cut the rest of my tree at home and just left the outline and a few shapes for shading.
 Mixed more of the blue in that i wanted.
 Some of my prints drying on the rack.
My finished print. Im really happy with the end result.
I used a few different papers and got quite a few different results.


2nd lino cut - TREE BARK

 Here is my 3rd reduction. I wanted finer cuts this time.
 I added more of the brown colour
 It was a luscious rich brown.

 A few of my prints drying
 My 3rd reduction print of my Bark. I love the colours but have decided to do 1 more cut of it at home.
I used Japanese paper for these. It is lovely and thin but give a great coverage.

I also decided to do some single prints of the lino that i had and chose a more expensive paper called Archers88. This ink soaks in lovely and give it a lovely finish. Below is one of my prints from the 3rd cut. I will print over it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment