Tuesday 7 February 2017

Final prints and Thistles

Fourth week \\ T r e e B a r k //
Second week \\ H u m m i n g B i r d //
First week \\ T h i s t l e //

Back in the studio this week and i actually couldn't wait. It was nice to get away from all the poorly sicks in the house. Husband has a cold. 7 year old son has a cough and even the puppy has a cold!. I am keeping the germs at bay. I thought i might have had to sacrifice my day. My precious 'me time' and stay at home with my boy but husband said he would look after him.

I had kept my ink from the precious weeks and added some darker shades to it for my last reduction print.
 It ended up a richer dark brown which was exactly what i wanted.
 Inking up my lino
Here were a couple drying in the rack. The one in the middle i printed upside down. I still like the effect.
Never throw away any pieces of art that you think it a mistake or wrong. You can always use them. Or maybe someone might want to buy it because they like it.
 Here is one o my final prints. I have a crease in it which will smooth out later when dry.
I love the fact all the different colours compliment each other and give a different dimension to the bark.


Second week \\ H u m m i n g B i r d //
I wanted to go for some darker since last week i want for crazy bright colours. I wanted to have the bright colours just pop through.

 Here is my first test on some newsprint. Loving the graduation on the inks.
 Each print i did turned out slightly differently.
 Here is my print on top of the screen print that i did a last week. Its all about Humming birds.
Love the effect.
 A few of my prints below. Looking forward to seeing these develop the next time I'm in the studio. After half term.

 I think i will do just one more reduction cut on this. I think too many would spoil it.

First lino print \\ T h i s t l e //
The was another image that God has been talking to me about. I love that it is so beautiful but grows in harsh terrain and can survive harsh weather. 
This is going to be a reduction.
My idea is that it is first thing in the morning and the sunlight is catching the Thistle. As i do the reduction the ink will become richer in colour. The first one i did today is the lightest colours. 

 My lino cut
 The colours that i chose. The purple will get much more vibrant and purple.

 A few drying on the rack.
 My first reduction print. Really excited to see this progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment